IRSTEA - Awarding of PhD contracts – 2013 Session
Irstea is a public scientific and technological research establishment (EPST). It employs 1,750 people, including 950 permanent members of staff and 250 PhD, 40 post-doctoral students, on 9 sites in France (Antony, Nogent-sur-Vernisson, Rennes, Lyon, Grenoble, Clermont-Ferrand, Bordeaux, Montpellier and Aix-en-Provence).
The research topics for which Irstea will provide thesis funding in 2013 are as follows:
- Technological innovations for sustainable agriculture and the environment (INSPIRE)
- Structures, Processes, Flow, Energy (SPEE)
- Technology and procedures for water and waste (TED)
- Models, information systems and viable management of the environment (MOTIVE)
- Quality of aquatic systems and ecological regeneration (QUASARE)
- Biological and ecological responses to contamination of the aquatic environment: ecotoxicology and bioindication (BELCA)
- Hazards linked to the water cycle (ARCEAU)
- Risks associated with fast-moving gravitational phenomena, safety of hydraulic structures and vulnerability (RIVAGE)
- Management of water, its uses, services and their impacts (GEUSI)
- Information and display systems for integrated management of the environment (SYNERGIE)
- Land-based ecological systems: dynamics, vulnerability and engineering (SEDYVIN)
- Spatial Development and Multifunctional Agriculture (DTAM)
The PhD contracts offered by Irstea may be co-financed by a partner outside of Irstea (industrial partner, professional organisation, authority, research organisation, etc.).
PhD students have fixed-term contracts with Irstea giving them standard social protection. The contract term is three years. Monthly salary (January 2012) : €1,852 gross (€1,510 net).
Applicants must have a Masters degree or equivalent qualification when the contract is signed.
The award procedure and the schedule are as follows :
Applicants are invited to log onto the Irstea website and submit their application on the portal for registration http://pcas.irstea.fr/
- The registration portal is open from 25th March 2013 to 20th May 2013.
- Successful applications will be selected by the Intake Committee, chaired by the Deputy Director General for Research and Innovation, in June 2013.
- Applicants will be notified of decisions in July 2013.
- Contracts start, in principle, on 1st December 2013.
More information : http://www.irstea.fr/en/join-us/phd/phd-contracts-2013-session